In a previous post, I mulled over what kind of bridges I was going to make. It must be due to the lunar eclipse, because I seemed to have had the time in the evenings this weekend to work. So I started on a bridge.
I decided to build a simple suspension bridge as a test run. After measuring the width of the river, I cut some styrene strips for planks and glued them to two long strips that run about the width of the river.
|Top side of bridge.|
|Underneath the bridge.|
I added a tab at either end of the bridge to hold it to the bank. I wasn't picky about the widths of the planks. This is supposed to be a crude bridge.
Here is what it looks like resting on a section of river:
As you can see the planks extend onto the banks. I did this deliberately. In my previous post, I felt that having a free standing bridge that I could put anywhere was the way to go, so I wanted some leaway to account for river width variation. Well, after about an hour of staring at it, I decided that there was no way for this to work as a free standing bridge. So, I started to build a narrow river section to go with it.
I will pick this up in my next post.