Monday, August 20, 2018

Lavonian Air Force

Left to right: Mirage III (Tumbling Dice), Mirage F1 (Tumbling Dice), Saab 37 Viggen (Oddzal Osmy), Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jet (Tumbling Dice).

They might get Mirage 2000 and Saab JAS 39 Gripen, but this is the lineup for now.

The color scheme is Krylon Camouflage Army Green spray, followed by Vallejo Flat Green for the camo pattern. The speckles are done with Vallejo Golden Olive. The canopies are a light blue. 

The red middle of the roundels is supposed to have a yellow cross. Until I can figure out to to make it that small, it will stay blank. IT seems that I made them a little bigger than the Bovatopian and Northern Calupistan MIG 21's. Those were test runs. Freehand roundels seems to look better than I thought, especially for 1/600 scale.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good man, and Krylon Army Green is the wave of the future, I use it all the time (all my NATO 3-tone camo has it as the base color)! The roundels look great, too. I usually take a hack at 1/600 aircraft insignia with a toothpick, seems to work. Well enough for me, at least!

    I've always loved the Mirage III, should be a great matchup against the dastardly MiG-21s.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. Yeah, Krylon makes some good camo paints. Nice and flat, too! I am using their Sand and Khaki for other nations.

    ReplyDelete