Thursday, June 24, 2021

Finishing up June

 Just some more pictures of figures to reduce the lead pile. Tomorrow, we head for the Motherland (Chicago) to visit family, so I won't have the time or the ability to do any hobby stuff. Maybe I will get in another D&D game like we did when we were there for Christmas.


This is Sir Trebel (pronounced: Tra-bell). He is from Khurisan's late Medieval range. He, like Sir Partner and Sir The Man were originally heavily-armed, LEGO characters that fight bad guys and various monsters such as zombies. He is a late joiner for my fantasy skirmish battles with my son. His coat of arms looks like it came from a high school varsity jacket, but it was my son's design. His motto: "When there is trouble, call on Trebel!"


I thought I had already posted this guy, but maybe not. Copplestone barbarian riding a bear. 


This guy is a 28mm Reaper Miniature ogre. He seemed perfect as a giant for 15mm. He had a lot of flash on him, but being made out of a soft plastic, it was easy to remove. 


Last but not least, a warrior from Splintered Light's Heroes of Might set. I figure he's make a good commander to lead a unit of polearmed infantry. I wasn't sure if his armor was metal scale armor or quilted padded armor. I went with the scales. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on these Chris!

    I particularly like the barbarian on the bear: good edge highlighting on the axes and dark shading in the recesses of the bear's fur. Both hard techniques (for me anyway) to get right without looking too cartoony. You've pulled it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took me a long time to come up with a technique that I was happy with. I don't know if its perfect, but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete