Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stay Warm My Friends

This week was a mess. I came down with a horrible head cold, which still lingers as a sinus infection. The storms and unusually cold temperatures for this part of the country disrupted everyone's work and school schedules. Then for the weekend, my daughter and wife came down with the flu. Of all the weeks....I had an opportunity to have a game someone from out of town. As much as I wanted to, I didn't want to subject the poor fellow with the various diseases flying around our household.

In between times of feeling like my head was about to explode, I managed to snap a few more pictures of my growing 15mm sc-ifi collection. First up is Khurasan Miniatures Sepulvedan Resistance Fighters range. As usual, Khurasan seems to buck stylistic stereotypes. Unlike a lot of 28mm sci-fi ranges, where the humans look like they were marching through a steam bath of a jungle, these troopers look like they are dressed for cold weather.


They have nice little wool caps on their heads, and some look like they are wearing turtleneck sweaters. They also have heavy-duty flak vests on. Here are some close ups:

Command Group

The command group has a leader, a woman with a some sort of SMG, and a dude with RPG.

Rifle Team

The rank and file are armed with some sort of big rifle; sort of a Heckler & Koch G3 on steroids. There are mostly men, but there are a few women among the ranks. I painted them with various camo schemes, none of which showed up all that well in the photos. What am I going to use them for? Probably some sort of volunteer defense force of some distant human colony. Who are their opponents? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment