Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016

I have wanted to do one last post related to a project before the end of the year. I managed to prime some more H&R 80s British infantry that came in the last day of final exams, and I just started rebuilding the remote MANPADS turret to make it more to scale. Beyond that, I haven't touched anything hobby-wise for at least two weeks.

So, I will just throw this out, a la Linda Richman (Mike Myers) from the old SNL sketches called Coffee Talk:
I've noticed that a lot of recently published armor warfare rules are somewhat narrowly time specific, particularly concerning the 1980s and the whole "Team Yankee" genre. I have bought a number of these and have found that unless I take the time to try to reverse engineer the stats for weapons not listed in the rules, they are of no use to me. Rules like Fist Full of TOWs and Cold War Commander appeal to me more because they include everything from the end of WWII to more-or-less today. Are the better rules those that are narrowly focused as opposed to those that try to cover a larger time span? That seemed to be a big debate back when I was much more into ancient gaming. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Discuss!

I hope you have a happy New Years and that 2017 will be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment