Friday, October 20, 2017

Hail Bovatopia!

I have not posted in a long time....I know, my usual opening sentence. I have been working on a bunch of stuff both for my Gambusia campaign and doing a little 15mm fantasy painting.

So, I get onto PicoArmor site to order some 3mm aircraft, then I start looking at the 3mm AFVs and such.

Then, I think, "why not get some armor?"

What am I, nuts? All I need is another project! Why the madness? Well, some of my colleagues at work have sort of come up with a new fictional nation, Bovatopia.

Hail Bovatopia!
It's a running joke among us based on a student's exam essay where he described a region in the USA that has high cattle production as Bovatopia. For all we know, it might be real but I have not found anything on it on the internet. I ran with it including the flag above. Bovatopia is set in the same world as my microcontinent of Gambusia, but is on the Asian mainland. Is it the homeland for all bovines escaping persecution and the slaughter house, or is a nation whose citizens really like cows? Not really sure yet.

Instead of buying more 6mm, I thought maybe I would invest in some 3mm ground units for some battles.  I wasn't planning to put a lot of work into, though that is what I say about a lot of hobby projects. I would be a sort of side show, plus a potential ally of one of the three nations on Gambusia.

Hopefully this is a passing fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment