Tuesday, January 18, 2022

I'm All Over the Place

My brain has been all over the place the past few days. This includes the hobby. I have been hoping from one thing to another. It is not a lack of concentration, but just wanting to or needing to do a whole bunch of things. 

I finally got some 15mm fantasy units done. This includes Queen Keona's royal hammer persons.


These are Roundway Venetian marines. Unfortunately, Roundway is no longer is in production, which is too bad. IMO, they are a slight step up in detail from Minifigs (which I rather like, BTW) and they covered some ranges better than other companies, mainly very late medieval/early Renaissance. The squids on their shields look more like scorpions. They were a pain to paint, so I'm satisfied with them. 


Queen Keona inspires her troops. Her brother,
King Ivan is behind her.

The other thing I've been working on is making a bunch of ship counters for gaming. I recently placed several orders in for 1/6000 ships, but I really want to play. They are not pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not playing to impress. Besides being a very cheap alternative, I can test out any ship I want particularly with moderns. They are also useful for trying out various rule sets. The fleet I've made so far fits nicely inside a standard, letter-sized envelope.


Not stunning, but they will do the job.







2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use card counters as proxy models...a few FAC's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure using them violates the tabletop wargames laws of the universe, but as much as I like painting figures and building terrain, I just want to play some games.

    ReplyDelete