Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Fantasy Painting Challenge III: Lizardman

 My friend and I decided to do another challenge. We decided we were done with Dwarves for awhile and wanted to do something different. This time its lizardmen. I just got my order from Reaper Minis in the mail so this is an unboxing as they call it out there.

It was very difficult to choose. Reaper has pretty big variety of Lizard folk, including Dragonmen. We weren't really sure what the difference is between Lizardmen and Dragonmen. The only thing I could tell is that Dragonmen have tinier heads and longer necks, as well as more armor. This guy seems pretty cool plus he has a shield that looks like its made out of scales or scutes. 

As a freebie, I got this Reaper Bones Hobbit (?). Usually, they throw in a mystery paint bottle. Maybe this is a promotional item. I won't complain.

No, the eraser wasn't included in the order.
I couldn't resist ordering some paints. I'm really putting the love on Reaper's paints. They are very smooth and cover well. I have been disappointed with Vallejo paints the year or so. I kept getting ones that don't seem to dry no matter how long I shake them, or they "dry" very shiny. Army Painter paints are not bad, but tend to be a little on the thick side. Citadel paints are nice, but rather expensive. Plus it seems they are making a whole bunch of specialty paints whose colors I would prefer in their base line.

I'm pretty excited to start this new challenge. I already know the colors that I am going to use to paint it. It should be a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment