Monday, May 15, 2023

Size Comparisons

 Its been a crazy ten days. First, I drove up from here in eastern Tennessee to Indiana to pick up my daughter from university. Then, this past week, she and I drove about 15 hours from home to Texas for her engineering internship. I flew back and got in very late Saturday night. Yesterday was Mothers Day, but my wife did most of the cooking. I decided to take it easy today and have been preparing for a D&D that will hopefully happen sometime this summer. My co-workers are interested in having a game. 

I painted up these two right before my daughter and I left on our Texas road trip. I took some pictures now to show the difference in sizer between Essex 15mm and Khurasan Miniatures 18mm. I should have added an old Table Top, now Alternative Armies mounted knight for even more comparisons.

Khurasan from their late 14th Century range

Essex from their Feudal & Early Medieval range

Granted, the Essex knight is riding
a small horse, but what a difference!

As I've probably said in previous posts, the Khurasan infantry are not too out of place when side by side with other makes. I even took one of their mounted knights and stuck him on an Essex horse, and he didn't look too bad. It is their horses that seem gigantic. 

I am winding down this painting spree. My next task is the clean up the work bench. It needs it. I'm just going to close my eyes, hold my breath and throw out a lot of junk that is on there. I suffer from collecting do-dads and brick n' brac thinking I'm going to use this stuff for something. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a big size disparity. Paint jobs look great though. Hoping to get back into paining myself. Like you, I need to clean up my work table but I just can't bring myself to throw things away.

    Great to hear you may get a D&D game going. What edition is your group going to play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! The final few (and "few" as in about 10) fantasy miniatures are in stages of being painted with no new miniatures primed. As I paint, I also clean off the table. I am finding a lot of attempts at sculpting figures my daughter made when she was much younger. As crude as they are, I don't dare throw those out.

    For my D&D game, it is going to be heavily modified 5th ed. I don't understand spell slots. So instead, I am borrowing from the computer game Diablo, at least the first version, and using Mana which is point based. Spells can be improved by spending extra points. The other thing I am doing is borrowing a combat system from a friend and former college DM. Its a modified form of the D&D system.

    ReplyDelete