Saturday, December 10, 2022

Fantasy Painting Challenge IV: Deep Ones Part 3

 I gave up on trying to come up with a terrain feature to go with the three Deep Ones I painted up as seen in part 2. I sent it out on Tuesday of this week and two days later, my friend's Deep One arrived. All I can say is WOW! 



All of his work have been excellent so far, but this one seems to be the best! My photos don't do it justice. He did a great job of highlighting and shadowing and at the same time, giving the skin a mottled appearance. The colors of the base material and the pedestal add to the Lovecraftian vibe; which was something I wanted to do on mine, but couldn't figure out how. When working on mine, I kept going back and forth on whether to spray it flat or use a semi-gloss coat to make it look wet. I think his flat coat works just as well, if not better, than my gloss. 

We will probably have to take a hiatus from the challenges due to the holiday season, but hopefully will be coming up with a new challenge in the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment